Tuesday, October 4, 2011

We've got a lot of explaining to do...

Tonight we made good on a Groupon I purchased a while back. It was to a bounce place about 25 minutes from our house. I didn't want it to expire, so we took the kids this evening, even though we could only stay an hour.

Abi met a girl when she got there. I was not visually observing the exchange but I did overhear the exchange. One of the first pieces in the conversation was the girl asking, "is your brother adopted?" (I'd like to insert that I cringed because Eli *is not* adopted, he *was adopted* - course I was just listening not interjecting) Abi responded with a yes. Then the girl told Abi that she was also adopted. I kind of thought that was cool.

A bit later the girl left and I asked Abi, "Was that the girl you were talking to earlier that said she was adopted?" Abi said, "Yea but she just looked like a white girl."

So, clearly we've got a bit more explaining to do about adoption...

No comments:

Post a Comment