Wednesday, December 9, 2009

An Emotional Monday

On Monday I gave 3 final exams to my class. It was deja vu. Last year on the Monday of finals week I also gave 3 finals. Then I stayed late grading them and turning grades in that day a year ago. You see that was the day before we flew to Oklahoma to drop Abi off then left OK the next day to fly (by way of a snowstorm in Houston) to Ethiopia.

So this year giving the tests the same way as last year was quite an emotional letdown. You see a year ago it was sheer excitement and anticipation ... get it done so we can get our son! This year... it's just grading. Don't get me wrong I am so happy to have my son and daughter too... but I miss the excitement.

It is kind of like the letdown on Christmas when all the gifts have been opened. So much preparation and focused energy, anticipation running high. Then it is all over. So it is for our adoption process (and expense) with Eli. We paid our final fee for our last post-placement report yesterday. No more expenses (yea!).

Yet again, my heart yearns for more. I want to go back. Jeff is still not sure, which is okay. We will trust God to lead us, and if He leads us back to Ethiopia... I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment