Friday, August 13, 2010

Another Niece/Nephew

Last year was the year of the baby... I mean I have 5 sisters-in-law and 1 sister. Last year (from June - February) 4 of my sisters-in-law (all of them on Jeff's side) gave birth to a baby. Just found out that the 5th of my sisters-in-law (my brother's wife) is now pregnant. So, 6 months, count 'em, and another one is pregnant!

As for my sister, ... well they are done if you know what I mean :).

Me? Well, we're not really sure where we stand on that at the moment. Jeff kind of feels like our family is complete, but I'm not so sure. What I do know is that even though I'd love 2 more (have one and adopt one) I can probably only convince him to do one or the other (if even that :) ). So if I have to choose (or get to I should say) I'd say I'd rather adopt.

Adoption is the heart of God, I think. That God can take a child born not of my body and create such a love in my heart for that child and that child for me is nothing short of a miracle. It gives me just a taste of how much He must love me. That I, His child through adoption into His family can have such a Father! Wow! I am really just not sure how anyone chooses not to adopt!

So, as far as our family. We're staying 4 for now... we've a lot on our plates right now anyway. What with having 2 house and not living in either one, Jeff still not in a permanent job, me starting a new job, the kids starting daycare, Abi starting 1st grade, well I'm not sure we need any more excitement at the moment. But in a year... who knows :) ?

No comments:

Post a Comment