Today we registered Abi for school. She will be in 1st grade this year. Sometimes I look at her and think that cannot be possible. I still remember (though vaguely) life before kids. She simply CAN'T be in 1st grade! And yet here we are.
While we were registering her we noticed a flyer for an at-home day care. The kids and I are going to check it out tomorrow. It would be $10 cheaper a week than the traditional daycare we currently have arrangements at, but it would be less convenient. It is an additional 7 minutes or so out of my way to get the kids there in the morning.
In actuality we are still trying to assess if day care is necessary for Abi. It is possible that she could ride the bus to and from school from our neighborhood. But the timing might be cut short for me to get her on the bus, then get Eli to daycare, then get me to school to teach by 8 AM. This is the issue on M/W/F. Then the issue on T/Th is in the afternoon. I don't get done teaching until 3:15. School lets out for Abi at 2:50. Not sure when the bus would get her back home. If we knew for sure that Jeff could be there at these moments that would be fine. But at the moment we have no clue.
Jeff's job situation is still up in the air. There may be a possibility of a church job opening up. But that is still in the air because the church is currently searching for a primary pastor as well. Until that is settled the youth pastor job there will not be "posted" so to speak. I think this is where Jeff's heart is leading him and potentially where he feels God is leading him. However, until there are more concrete details this too is up in the air.
For the meantime Jeff can certainly work for his Dad or brother, but for many reasons this is not an ideal situation long-term. The question is in the short-term does it make more sense to juggle Abi not being in day care (savings of $210 a month) or does it make more sense to simplify things and pay the $210? I sure wish I could see into the future. Sure would make decisions easier don't you think?
Our OH house is still for sale. But we do at least have a showing tomorrow at 10:30 EST. That's good news anyway. Our OK house is still kind of at a stand still. I am getting kind of anxious. I have to report to work in 2 weeks. Abi starts school in 2 weeks. This holding pattern has got to give. That OH house has got to go away! I so need my life to MOVE ON!
No comments:
Post a Comment