Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thankfulness

We started a new series in church today on Thankfulness. To be honest I expected the same sort of sermon we've all heard on this idea before, but I was wrong.

An illustration given was the following:

Suppose you are really struggling with something and you talk to a good friend about your struggle. It is within the capacity of your friend to be able to help you with your struggle. And after your talk your friend says "I will help you with _____ ." In such a situation our next response would (most likely be) "Thank you!" Now, our friend has not yet actually helped us and yet we thank them. Interesting!

I have someone who has helped me so much more than any friend. I have God. It is within God's capacity to help me and He has said he will. Yet what do I do? I withhold my "Thank you" until I actually see God's help arrive. I act in such a way that shows my lack of faith in My God! How humbling! How little faith I have had.

So, today I want to conclude with this "Thank you" to My God.

"God, thank you for selling my house. Thank you for sending the right buyer and for getting us an amount that we can be okay with."

No comments:

Post a Comment