Monday, December 13, 2010

And He Comes Through Again!

Eli started the croupy cough last Wednesday night again. So, we started the breathing treatments up again as well. Twice a day, once before each time he slept. It seemed to help... some. Well, at least help to keep the terrible sounding cough at bay. However, his nose is running like a faucet. His little heart is racing to get that breath in and he is quite congested.

So, today we headed back to the doctor. Jeff and I both went this time, which I thought was good. Jeff knows who the kids doctor is now and saw the process that the clinic uses for getting you in the door so to speak. Anyway, the doctor prescribed an inhaler, since we have a breathing chamber to attach to it (this is used for little ones who don't really have the ability to use an inhaler right yet). If we did not have this we'd have gotten a prescription for Pulmacort to put in the breathing machine like we do with the Albueterol.

So, Jeff left to take Eli to the babysitter and I left to get the prescription filled then head to give a final. At Walmart I was shocked to find out that after insurance he prescription would cost $96! And there really wasn't a cheaper option. Then as I left I thought about that Pulmacort option that the doctor had mentioned. I went back in to see if that option would have cost less. Ready for this? If we had done the Pulmacort it would have cost $400! Thank you very much for making my $96 prescription sound cheap!

Then I went back to school. After my exam I went down to pick up my Christmas bonus check. This is the first bonus I have had from an employer in like 7 years I think. I was supposed to pick it up last Friday and forgot. So, I head down and the bonus check is for $100! Just enough to cover Eli's inhaler. Nothing short of God provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment