Monday, July 12, 2010

On the home front...

in Ohio... our house is still for sale, anyone need a new home?

in Oklahoma... our house now has a roof and stairs to the new "upper room". That is exciting. But I haven't actually seen it for myself, only pictures from Jeff when he has been working. I plan to go see it on Thursday with a friend who is in town this week.

with Abi... she is adjusting very well to being here. She doesn't really talk too much about Ohio. There is just so much to do here that she is pretty preoccupied with cousins and such. We did get White Water/Frontier City season tickets. I had to literally push her down the first water slide, but after that she was all smiles! We filled out transfer paperwork for her to get into a school close to my work. We may not know anything until August. And we visited one of the day cares that transports into that school. It was pretty ok I thought. I think we also picked out the dance studio she will attend. She will be in ballet, tap and jazz this year. She is very excited.

with Eli... today was day 1 with potty training. It went better than I would have hoped for. We actually only had 1 accident. Very exciting! I don't do well with being cooped up in a house all day, but he is now down for a nap so I can relax a bit now anyway. I have plans to stay home 2 more days to ensure that he is ok before we take an outing with big boy underpants on. Oh and wonder of all wonders, Eli was tall enough (3 feet) to ride all the tube rides at White Water. He was worried after the first one we put him on, but after that he warmed right up to them and loved it!

with me... well I have a department meeting next Monday, which I am really excited about. I think I will get to set up my office and find out more about MyMathLab, which I will be using for online homework in the College Algebra Class I am teaching.

with Jeff... no news yet for any job stuff. Not good... not good at all.

Okay so how can you help? Please pray for 3 things... 1) our Ohio house sells, 2) Jeff gets a job and 3) our Oklahoma house isn't ready before the Ohio house is sold. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment