Sunday, September 5, 2010

Job Activity

Sorry for the long absence, but I must say it was merely because in all honesty I had nothing to report. Well, nothing that was for public consumption at the time anyway. Let me speak of the house first. We had a showing yesterday. The realtor that showed it said his buyers did like it but had several more they are seeing today. Hate to say it but we've heard that line before.

Now, the thing here is, we have 2 weeks. Exactly 2 weeks from yesterday Jeff will fly into OH and will pick up a truck to move the rest of our things. Why? You ask. Well the current prediction is that our house in OK will be ready in 3 weeks. We'll see. So that means for 2 more weeks our OH house will have furniture in it, then it will be empty. We are also nearly at the 5 month mark, 5 months that our house has been on the market. It's getting old. It's really got to go!

Okay, so onto more positive news. So, Jeff has been offered a job, but, well, the pay is not real good. In fact it is less pay for a more qualified position than the first job he had out of college 10 years ago. So, while the job itself it is a good thing, it is kind of discouraging at the same time. BUT, he also has a 2nd interview with another company on Wednesday. From the first interview we believe the pay for this job will be $15K - $30K more than the job he has been offered already. It is worth noting that he believes both jobs would be good jobs with good people and in good environments. I am kind of on pins and needles here! What will happen!?! We can "survive" on either one, but obviously things would be, well, $1000 to $1500 easier per month if he gets the 2nd job. While I keep praying for God's will, I also keep praying that God's will is the 2nd job. :)

So that is where we are now, still in a holding pattern a bit. Living with my in-laws for the time being, but I have started school and Abi has as well. She is enjoying herself as am I. A couple not so good things are that I have 149 students! This is more than 50% more than I had last semester at my previous school. In addition, we have to leave my in-laws at 6:25 each morning to get the kids to day care in time for our day care provider to get Abi fed and to school on time and for me to get to work on time. This has taken its toll on the kids some. They do great Monday - Wednesday, but then by Thursday they are grumps when I get them up. We will gain about 30 minutes more sleep each morning when we get moved. Just one more thing to look forward to!

Hopefully we will have more details about Jeff's job soon and hear some positive news on the house in the next two weeks. Until then, we ask your prayers over Jeff's job and our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment