Wednesday, September 8, 2010

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!! But I want you to hear it as it happened. So let's back up to this past Friday.

Last Friday Jeff was offered a job at my school. OK, so yea, I realize I already wrote about that but what I didn't really expound on was the angst it brought on Jeff. We really thought this would be the ideal job. I mean, he'd be in my building, on my floor even! But what Jeff had not anticipated was then offering him such a low amount. In some ways it angered him, that they thought he was either 1) worth so little or 2) desperate enough that he'd settle for so little. So Jeff tried to get in contact with the IT director yesterday and set up a meeting for today at 1:00 to discuss salary.

Onto the 2nd company, a well-known product, a company that will survive even if the economy isn't doing so hot. So he had a 2nd interview today with this company at 9:30. To this point he wasn't really sure what was going to happen with this, but suspected at best he'd be offered a job as a IT support person basically. So after this interview I get a call at about 10:30 (yes just 1 hour later). Jeff tells me he has accepted a job with this company as their new IT Project Manager, reporting directly to the VP himself, and get this... are you ready???.... are you sitting down... the pay? DOUBLE what my school offered him. I am NOT exaggerating.

Can you say CLOUD NINE! Can you say WALKING ON AIR? Well, I say...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

As Jeff and I are reflecting on this now (hindsight is 20/20 you know) we are absolutely dumbfounded at this all. There are so many *if ...* that we can't believe it. Just to give you a taste ...

If Jeff's phone had not mysteriously whitheld the voicemail from the K-12 School Job that Jeff had wanted, Jeff would have interviewed for this position, a position he was perfect for. Had he got this job? He'd have a longer commute (45 min as opposed to 30) and be making at least $20K less a year.

If my school had offered him just $2 more per hour (which was the salary he requested), he would have taken the job and told the VP for the other company he'd already accepted another position and never have gone to this 2nd interview and be making HALF of what he will now be making.

Those are the two most prominent, but you get the idea. WOW, what else is there to say but...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment