Monday, May 3, 2010

Despondent

I am feeling despondent. I know God has the house sold already but I don't deal with the unknown very well. We can make no plans on housing in OK until the house sells. We can make no plans about the moving process itself (who will help us, if we will make more than one trip, etc) until the house sells.

I am giving and grading finals this week then summer school starts next week. And while I look forward to the money for sure, I am not looking forward to teaching it. It is a class I have never taught out of a book I will likely never use again. I have a colleague loaning me all her materials from teaching the same class this semester, but I feel so unprepared, and yet unmotivated to be prepared too. Not to mention it means coming in Monday and Wednesday 6:30-9:45 for 6 weeks. That's not real motivating either.

We wait. We wait. In the grand scheme of things I know this all matters very little. But until it is all settled, I will be anxious over the outcome.

There was a family that came by and looked at the house Saturday then came back to the open house we had on Sunday. But there again our house is among 4 that they are considering. Jeff and I can't even imagine liking 4 houses enough to consider them. That is just now how we have always felt when house shopping. So even with the good news that we are in the top 4 on their list, my mathematical brain still does the math, 25% chance, that is not a good chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment