Then tonight my mother-in-law emailed my husband this picture

This is a house that was damaged in the most recent tornados in Oklahoma. Why you may ask does this pertain to us? Well, my father-in-law has been looking for a fixer-upper, a good deal, etc. for us to buy when we move. So, after the tornados he went out looking for a deal. He believes he can buy this house for $50K, put $80K into it and it will be worth $240K or there abouts. All I really know is it is about 2600 sq ft. and honestly it looks like it was (and will again be) a very beautiful home. So obviously this is in the *good deal* category.
So some positive news maybe. It would be about 15 minutes from where I work and the local schools appear to be good. It isn't exactly in a large town, but I think we can deal with that ok. Sure would be nice to have a mortgage in the $130K range, and of course the instant equity too!
Now if this house would just sell...
No comments:
Post a Comment