Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nothing Happening

I feel sad actually right now. Nothing bad has happened exactly, but actually nothing has been happening at all, and we really need some things to happen! No one has even come through our house for 10 days!

10 DAYS!

I feel like we are in a staring contest. We are trying so hard not to blink, coaxing the other person (any buyer at this point) to blink first. But it is getting so hard not to blink, so hard not to feel discouraged. I mean I know we still have a couple months before it's crunch time, but seriously, do we really have to get that far into this thing?

I read a thought for the day about a year ago that said "I know that life isn't fair, but just once could it be not fair in my favor?" If I had a quote that described my life, this is the one I'd use. As it says, I know life's not fair, but looking around it so often seems that life is just easier for everyone else. It seems that things just fall into place for others. Never for us. I mean just once could things work out for us? That's not asking too much is it? Just once for things to work out?

Going along with the need for the house to sell,.... heck I'd just be grateful at this point to have people coming to look at it..., is the need for a job for Jeff. Bless his heart, he has applied for a lot of jobs over the past 3 years we have been here. It's hard to see the struggle, and it is hard to not to feel frustrated too. For the past 9 months it has been just me bringing home any income. While I make ok money at the school and then tutor like crazy, every month it seems we are short. We really need Jeff to have a job for financial reasons. But perhaps even more important, he needs to have one for fulfillment, something to do, to feel good about doing.

I am worn out, just emotionally drained. God, I know you are there, and I really need your help. I need you to sell this house. I need you to get Jeff a job. I need your provisions. You have always met our needs and I know you will this time too, but the relying on you is so hard sometimes. I know I am to live by faith, not by sight, but God, my faith feels so weak. So much seems to hang in the balance here. So many "what if's" plague me. I need your strength. I need you to help me rest in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment